Our Confined Space training is designed for any personnel that either work in a confined space area or operate breathing apparatus in a confined space. We run public courses in Newcastle, NSW and private courses across NSW and Queensland.
Participants in the course will learn everything surrounding confined space safety, including hazard identification, risk management and required permits to work. This 3 Day Nationally Accredited training course includes Enter and Work in Confined Spaces RIIWHS202D, Gas Test Atmospheres MSMWHS217 and Operate Breathing Apparatus MSMWHS216.
Legislation and Safe Work Practices
– WHS Legislation
– Overview of Regulations, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice.
– Risk Assessment and Hierarchy of Control
– Developing Site Procedures and Safe Work Methods (SWMS, JSA’s)
– WH&S, Hazard, Accident or Incident Reports
– Confined Space Rescue Plans and Entry Permits
– Safety requirements and organisational policies and procedures
– Selection of tools and equipment to carry out tasks that are consistent with the requirements of the job
– Checking for serviceability and rectifying or reporting any faults
Safe Entry, Work and Exit of the Confined Space
– Adhering to confined space entry processes and procedure requirements
– Designated work in confined space complies with entry permit requirements
– Responding to emergency situations and communication of incident details
– Atmosphere is tested and monitored for harmful elements in accordance with organisations procedures.
– Maintaining equipment in accordance with legislative requirements.
– Breathing Apparatus – selection, inspection, use and care of equipment
– Use in emergency situations
The program involves an extensive practical skills development module in a simulated or real workplace and include a confined space rescue practical.
Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment and Wallet Card will be issued for:
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
MSMWHS216 – Operate Breathing Apparatus
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
Course duration is 3 days (approx 24 hours total). 7:30am-3:30pm each day.
Course Venue: Newcastle, NSW
Training and assessment is conducted at the 3D Safety Training Centre in Cameron Park or training can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there have suitable infrastructure and training facilities.
$585 per Person
Please refer to our refund policy
Physical ability to successfully complete practical tasks and assessments
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documentation relevant to confined space entry.
Theory – including presentations, demonstrations and group discussions
Practical – using equipment in simulated or real workplace environment
– Multiple choice and short answer written assessment
– Observation of practical skills during simulated work activities
For more information about the course contact 1300 663 195 or you can Enquire Online. This course requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) . To apply for a free USI visit usi.gov.au.
Detailed student information is available in the Student Information Handbook. This booklet contains important information regarding your rights and obligations. Please download our student handbook in our Student Resources section.