Our Confined Space training is designed for any personnel that either work in a confined space area or operate breathing apparatus in a confined space. This Confined Space training course refresher is designed to refresh students in competencies previously taught over the 2 and 3 day confined space training course.
It is an industry requirement that Confined Space is refreshed every 2 – 3 years (dependent on the policy and procedure of the relevant company).
Participants in the course will learn everything surrounding confined space safety, including hazard identification, risk management and required permits to work.
Legislation and Safe Work Practices
– WHS Legislation
– Overview of Regulations, Australian Standards and Codes of Practice.
– Risk Assessment and Hierarchy of Control
– Developing Site Procedures and Safe Work Methods (SWMS, JSA’s)
– WH&S, Hazard, Accident or Incident Reports
– Confined Space Rescue Plans and Entry Permits
– Safety requirements and organisational policies and procedures
– Selection of tools and equipment to carry out tasks that are consistent with the requirements of the job
– Checking for serviceability and rectifying or reporting any faults
Safe Entry, Work and Exit of the Confined Space
– Adhering to confined space entry processes and procedure requirements
– Designated work in confined space complies with entry permit requirements
– Emergency Procedures and Response
The program involves an extensive practical skills development module in a simulated or real workplace and include a confined space rescue practical.
Upon successful completion a Statement of Attainment and Wallet Card will be issued for:
RIIWHS202D – Enter and Work in Confined Spaces
Students will only receive a Statement of Attainment for the units of competency provided they supply us with their existing Statement of Attainment (attained within the last 3 years).
Course duration is 1 day (approx 8 hours total). 7:30am-3:30pm.
Training and assessment is conducted at the 3D Safety Training Centre or training can be conducted on-site at the premises of industry clients providing there have suitable infrastructure and training facilities.
$195 per Person
Please refer to our refund policy
Physical ability to successfully complete practical tasks and assessments
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Language, literacy and numeracy skills are required at a level to read, complete, interpret and communicate workplace documentation relevant to confined space entry.
THEORY – including presentations, demonstrations and group discussions
PRACTICAL – using equipment in simulated or real workplace environment
Students are assessed based on a multiple choice and short answer written assessment as well as observation of practical skills.
For more information about the course or how to apply, contact 1300 663 195 or firstname.lastname@example.org, students will need to provide their existing Statement of Attainment (attained within the last 3 years) to book into the course. This course requires a Unique Student Identifier (USI) . To apply for a free USI visit usi.gov.au.
Detailed student information is available in the Student Information Handbook. This booklet contains important information regarding your rights and obligations. Please download our student handbook in our Student Resources section (link to Student Resources).